Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Predicting text


Predicting the kind of text

Text title: To close to the edge

Predictions before reading:
  • What kind of text do I think it is? (narrative, information report, recount etc.)
    • I think this is a narrative because of the title.
  • What do I think the text is about?
    • We think the text is about people walking on the edge of a mountain because it shows in the photo  
  • One sentence I might see in the text is:
    • Mountain because there's a picture of a mountain in the book.


Revising my predictions:

  • My prediction was confirmed because of the story sequence
  • My prediction was partly correct, but I was corrected and changed my answer
  • I changed my prediction about the story being a recount because of the text

No comments:

Post a Comment