Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Week 1 - Day 1 - Activity 1

In this activity I read a story called Maui and The Giant Fish. I have read many different stories about Maui: how Maui slowed the sun and how Maui brought fire to the world but I have not read this one. The story was about Maui wanting to prove to his brothers that he was a great fisherman. He weaved together his own fishing line and caught a huge fish. From this story I picked three interesting that I didn't already know.
  1. Maui used the blood from his nose as bait to catch a gigantic fish
  2. The huge fish Maui had caught became known as the North Island of Aotearoa and his canoe became the South Island of Aotearoa
  3. The gullies and mountains the brothers had made became landscapes of Aotearoa

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tiava,
    Good work on completing the first activity for day 1. This was my first time reading this story about Maui too. I did find your facts interesting especially the first one. Did you find this story interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Lava Tiava,
    Excellent work on getting the first activity done and dusted. This was also my first time reading this story about Maui. I did find all your facts interesting especially the second fact.

    Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiava,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you during the Summer Learning Journey. It's great to see that you have made a start on these activities. Well done!

    This is a good story about Maui, isn't it. I'm glad that you hadn't read it before. This way you have learnt something new.
    Those are three really good facts about Maui. I learnt all of those things when I read the story for the first time too.

    Do you know how the brothers made gullies and mountains? I think that would be an interesting thing to investigate.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog during summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo e lelei Tiava
    Fantastic work on completing the first activity for the day. How did you find this activity?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tiava,
    It is good to see you are participating in this Summer Learning Journey. Did you know that the brothers made the gullies and mountains by being greedy and hacking away at the fish while Maui was gone?

    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tiava
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. Your facts about Maui are great. I like the picture you got (Maui and his brothers holding down the sun). It looms great. Keep up the amazing work Tiava!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete