Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Week 1 - Day 3 - Activity 2

In this activity I did a pepeha. A pepeha is used to talk about your family or ancestory. I used it to talk about my family. In this pepeha I put: Where I come from, who my parent are, my name, the mountain I affiliate with and the river that I affiliate with.

Ko Poneke Maunga te maunga - The mountain that I affiliate to is Mount Wellington
Ko Tamaki River te awa - The river that I affiliate to is Tamaki River
Ko Amerika ahau - I am from America
Ko Kevin rāua ko Akei ōku mātua - My parents are Kevin and Akei
Ko Victoria tōku ingoa - My name is Tiava

4 comments:

  1. Aloha Tiava
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    What a wonderful to start of your activity. I love how you explained what pepeha was and how it works.
    Did you learn something new from this activity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiava,
    Me again :)
    Nice that you though about explain what is a pepeha to your followers. A pepeha is such a unique way to acknowledge our roots and family but also to stand strong for who you are at the moment.
    One thing that I noticed, in your pepeha you mentioned that you are from America and I know that you are born there, however you spend most of your life so far here in New Zealand which is the Oceania continent, so you could use Oceania to define where you are from if you want to.
    Keep up the great work!
    I am looking forward to reading your posts.

    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiava,
    This is a great pepeha although you could add just a few more details to it make it even more descriptive and help people get to know you even better.

    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tiava
    Good job on completing this summer learning journey activity. Your pepeha is amazing. I like how you said what you put in your pepeha. Keep up the awesome work Tiava!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete