Pages

Monday 25 December 2017

Week 1 - Day 5 - Activity 2

In this activity I learned about the treaty of Waitangi. Did you know that the treaty was signed in Waitangi in the northern part of New Zealand. I gathered all of the information I learned about Waitangi and turned it into three interesting facts a tourist could do in Waitangi. I would like to go surfing down the Te Paki Sand Dunes because it sounds really fun.

(#1) Did you know you could walk through the historical grounds and be challenged by warriors and admire a huge waka. You can also take a look at the beautiful pacific ocean.

(#2) Are you aware that you could snorkeling or diving in the Poor Knights Island to see the colorful underwater plants.

(#3) You could climb up the big Te Paki Sand Dunes too surf down the dunes in any position on a boogie board.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tiava,
    I got really excited about this activity as I used to live in Paihia for 6 years and I know the area very well. I used to go for a run and long walks on the Waitangi grounds and it is such a beautiful place with amazing views to the Bay of Islands.
    Once again you nail this post, you answer the activity well and specifically. The surfing down Te Paki dunes is defininetly I must to do!
    I can see that you are diligent student and precise in your answers, which is great. For the future I want you to, before publish your posts, proofread it carefully and the end ask yourself the question: How can I make it better and/or more interesting? Remember that your blog is public and people from all around the world can look at it, so it is important to consider their perspective in your posts. I think you are doing great but I can also see that you can also be amazing. I want you to start to think about how can you be more creative and add images, links and tables to your posts.
    I am excited for you as I can anticipate that you will learn heaps and become better and better. Well done!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiava,
    If a warrior challenged you would you accept? I also agree with you, surfing down sand dunes sounds really fun.

    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tiava
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. All of the activities that you listed sound great. I would like to do them all. Keep up the amazing work Tiava!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete