Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

Week 2 - Day 1 - Activity 1

In this activity I was researching about cathedrals. The one that I found interesting was the Notre Dame Cathedral. I read about it on many different websites and found the answers to my questions. What I found interesting was it was built in 1163 but was considered complete in 1345.
Name of the cathedral?
Notre Dame Cathedral
Where is the cathedral located?
It is located in Paris, France
When was it built?
The Notre Dame Cathedral was built in the year 1163
How long did it take to build it?
It took almost 200 years to finish building it

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tiava,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Great work with this activity. The Notre Dame is an amazing cathedral! I got the chance to see it when I was in France a few years ago and it was even more incredible in real life.

    How interesting that it took them 200 years to build it! What do you think made it take so long? It doesn't take that long to build a normal building.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer. Keep up the good work!
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiava,
    An interesting fact about Notre Dame is that there is a story about a hunchbacked bell ringer who lived there called Quasimodo, and Disney made a movie about him.

    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tiava
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. The information that you collected about the Notre Dame is great. I can't believe that it took almost 200 years to build. Keep up the awesome work Tiava.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete