Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Line Graph



L.I.To accurately present data and to accurately interpret data
Today for maths I had to go onto a spreadsheet. On that spreadsheet was Auckland's weather for all of the months (this weather data is not real). This spreadsheet was recording the Average Temp (C), Average Rain (mm) and Average Wind (Km/ph) for every 12 months. The only month that hadn't been done was July. I had to find out the average temp, rain and wind for that month. I did that by adding up all the temp, rain and wind under the July column on the spreadsheet. I had use the spreadsheet to find the sum of my total from all of the 3 subjects. After that I would the three number in the right columns under July. Once finished I had to buddy up with another person. We had to take the data from the spreadsheet and turn it into a line graph. We also had to do the same but on a book or paper. To tell which one was temp, rain and wind we had to put them in different colors and right down what the color was for. My partner Jeremiah had done the line graph online and I had done the line graph on paper. This line graph is telling us that the chances of rain in March are low and the chances of needing a rain coat in June is high. The chances of having wind in august and June are not that high. I found it hard to make sure that there was enough space for everything to fit into the book page. I have also learned a new word which was probability. Probability means is the chance that something will happen or how likely it is that some event will happen. For example 10% "chance of rain".

No comments:

Post a Comment