Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Scale Drawing 2018


This week is maths week. Throughout the week we have been working on our scale drawings. This is my second time doing this. Last time I drew Kevin Hearts character in the movie "The Secret Life of Pets", a rabbit called Snowball. The first step was to find an image that you would want to draw. I found it hard trying to figure out what image I wanted to make an enlargement of. Finally, I decided on drawing Simba from Lion King. After my image was printed out I used a ruler to measure the border of the image and draw a grid. Each square was 1 cm. Then I multiplied it by 2 to get the enlargement. It was a 1:2 ratio. I drew my scale drawing by copying one square at a time. Once I finished I colored it in. Lastly, I cut out and glued on my name tag, the image and my finished drawing. Looking at my finished product I feel like I have done a much better job than last year.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings Tiava,
    What an informative blog post from you this week. The blurb that you've written looks great as always. Your name label looks really nice. I like the way that you've overlapped you real image on your scale drawing. I'd give your drawing a 10/10 because the coloring that you did looks amazing. The eyelids of Simba looks very amazing.What inspired you to draw Simba?
    Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Tiava,
    What an fabulous blog from you this week. The blurb explains a lot of how you completed that fine looking scale drawing. Was it fun doing this activity for the second time? I really like how you've taken your time and do it carefully. Good Job Tiava.
    Keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tiava
    This a spectacular piece of work and I really like your drawing and it was a lot of fun ah well I had fun. Also this is a very positive blog post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiava

    I really like how you did a drawing from the lion king and I really like how you colour it because I am bad at coloring. I really want to see you photo of you last one.

    ReplyDelete