Pages

Monday 8 January 2018

Week 2 - Day 2 - Activity 1


Image result for charlie chaplin gold rush

In this activity I watched the trailer for the 1925 Gold rush movie. In the 1920's there were many cinemas being built. They would play lots of movies witch had no sound. The two most famous movies were the Gold Rush and The Lion's Cage both starring a famous actor called Charlie Chaplin. I had watched the trailer for the Gold Rush. From what I got from the trailer I think the movie is about different people that are trying to find a bunch of gold for their own needs. I don't think I would enjoy a silent film because I think you could get a better understanding of what is going on if the actors were talking.

3 comments:

  1. Mālō e lelei Tiava,
    Thanks for completing another activity, way to go! I can totally understand where you are coming from here as there is no doubt that if the actors were talking we could have a better understanding of what is going on in the movie. However, I do find a bit fascinating the fact that, even without words, there is so much of the story that has been convey throughout gestures and face expressions. Do you think that the main actor was in love with the girl? In which way he was trying to impress her? You see, I really like the fact that by watching a silent movie we can make our own personal observations and interpretations. Well done on using a picture to illustrate and add interest to your post.
    Keep up the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiava,
    I agree that talking would have helped develop the story more, but I think the the actors put on expressions and exaggerated emotions through their physical actions to make up for the lack of speech.

    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tiava
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. It's so unfortunate that back then they couldn't get sound - it would be a much better film if the actors could talk. Keep up the awesome work Tiava.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete